The objectives of our mentoring program are listed below. Our mentors will also add their own spin on each session based upon their experiences and desire to share as much as they can about their career field.
Resume Template for Session #4. This is a Google Doc template. Open it up. Go to the File Menu and choose “Make a Copy”. Rename the copy using your first name and last name (Ex.John Smith Resume). You can then edit this copy.
Cover Letter Sample for Session #4. You can copy one of these sample letters into a new Google Document and edit it to fit you for session #4.
In this mentoring experience, students will reflect and practice skills needed to prepare for life in the professional world. Students will discuss college along with individualized future career paths. Collectively, the sessions will have the following objectives:
- Learn about specific jobs, career paths, employment projection, and college alignment
- Receive constructive feedback about personal and business skills
- Obtain guidance about everything from networking to how to build a successful career over time
- Learn how employees and employers face difficult challenges and find opportunities in today’s complex business environment
- Receive feedback about your career goals and business skills
- Obtain guidance about conducting yourself in business settings
- Create a focused plan with your Mentor and work towards achieving your stated goals
|Session #1||Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:15-10:10 a.m.||Apple Valley High School|
|Session #2||Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:15-10:10 a.m.||Apple Valley High School|
|Session #3||Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:15-10:10 a.m.||Apple Valley High School|
|Session #4||Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:15-10:10 a.m.||Apple Valley High School|
|Session #5||Thursday, March 12, 2020||Mentorship Site|